Our First Blog Award – THE LIEBSTER AWARD
April 22, 2016
We were very pleased to be nominated by Roxanne and Dimitri from Travelize.me for nominating us for the Liebster Award!
How the LIEBSTER AWARD Works:
These aren’t so much rules but rather guidelines to keep this chain of awards going when you decide to accept the award.
- Write a blog post about your nomination, displaying an image of the award.
- Thank the person who nominated you and include a link to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions that the person who nominated you asked you in his/her blog post.
- Nominate 5 to 11 other new bloggers who you think deserve this award and come up with 11 questions of your own for them to answer.
- List these rules in your blog post.
Our Answers to Roxanne and Dimitri
1. What was your first memorable trip and why?
Our trip to Paris and to England was our first memorable trip because it was our first trip out of the United States and we were able to see so many different things.
2. Is there any place that you visit over and over again? Why is it special to you?
Cabo San Lucas in Mexico is a place that we visit almost every year. We love the atmosphere there and we use it to completely relax and recharge ourselves.
3. Out of all the countries you have visited, which one did you like the most?
That is a tough question since we have enjoyed everyplace that we’ve visited. If we had to choose, India might be the one that we liked, mostly because it was so very different than any other place we’d travelled to.
4. In what country/place would you like to retire?
We talk about this from time to time. We want to travel the world, but as for where our final home would be, it would be in the United States. Probably here in Colorado, but we’ve also considered moving back east.
5. What inspires you to write your blog?
The reactions that we get from people who read our blog and the new people that we get to interact with.
6. What is the scariest thing you have experienced while travelling?
We don’t want to jinx ourselves, but really haven’t had any experiences that we would consider as scary. There have been many situations that have taken us out of comfort zone and caused us to be anxious, but not truly scared. Perhaps because we were always together.
7. How do you decide where to go next? What is your next travel destination?
It really depends. There are some places that we know we want to visit and we try and find a way to get there. Other times, we simply throw a dart at a map and try to come up with something that we’re unfamiliar with. We leave for Bolivia in less than two weeks.
8. What advice can you give to beginner travelers?
Be curious, stay calm, and be adventurous. Truly explore what a destination has to offer, eat like a local and immerse yourself in the culture. In general, be a traveler/explorer, not a tourist.
9. Do you plan your travels in details in advance or by a one-way ticket and follow your heart? What is your typical travel day?
Somewhere in between. We always leave time during our trips to do some spontaneous things, but there are also tours or other “must see” items that we plan out in advance. Our typical travel day is usually pretty relaxed. We try not to put too many things into a single day so that we feel like we’re running from one sight to another.
10. Assuming money was not an issue, what is the one thing you’re dying to DO?
Go to Antarctic. Our goal, if possible, is to make it to all seven continents. We’ll have five down after the trip to Bolivia.
11. Your number one necessary (excluding passport :))?
Each other is our number one necessity, but if you were to ask about an item, it would have to be our camera.
Thanks again Roxanne and Dimitri for nominating us!
Our LIEBSTER AWARD Nominees
These are all excellent blogs and people should definitely check them out.
Our Questions for the Nominees to Answer:
- What destination/location are you most excited to see in 2016 and why?
- What travel experience pushed you out of your comfort zone and why?
- Do you like to plan every detail of your trip or prefer to “wing it”?
- Have you travelled someplace that really surprised you? Why was it so surprising?
- Have you eaten anything that you thought you would never have eaten?
- What is your favorite thing about travelling?
- Do your friends and family ask you why you travel? What do you say to them?
- What is your next travel destination?
- Do you have a favorite time of the year to travel and, if so, what is it and why?
- If you could be a villain for a day, who would you be and why?
- If you could have any 6 people over for a dinner party, who would you invite?
Our nominees, please let us know you create your post, we’d like to check them out!