What a Long Strange Trip it Has Been
March 13, 2017
Now that our European adventure is over (for now), we thought that we would take the time to trace our steps and truly acknowledge how many wonderful places we were able to visit. In chronological order, here was our trip in a snapshot, it certainly makes our heads spin.
- Frankfurt, Germany – It may have been our home, but it was still a wonderful city and we have a lot of incredible memories of our time there.
- Kassel, Germany – It was the first place that we visited once we found an apartment and is the home of the Brother’s Grimm Museum and is part of the Fairy Tale Road.
- Heidelberg, Germany – Truly one of the idyllic cities that we visited while in Germany.
- Koblenz, Germany – One of the most amazing train rides that we have ever taken and an amazing city on the Rhine.
- Hochheim, Germany – A truly small hamlet experience.
- Vienna, Austria – Our first trip outside of Germany and truly a center for the arts.
- Cologne, Germany – Amazing Dom and a wonderful old-world city. We had been told that it was a place that we had to visit while we were in Germany and we would definitely agree.
- Wurzburg, Germany – Another small town experience that we had been hoping for and one of the best of Christmas Markets that we had visited.
- Strasbourg, France – Wine, medieval villages, and some of the friendliest people that we had the opportunity to meet, and that is saying a lot.
- Prague, Czech Republic – One of the places in Europe that everyone should visit at some point in time. We were there over Christmas and it was spectacular.
- Athens, Greece – There are few places in the world as historically important as Athens.
- Bucharest/Brasov, Romania – Definitely one of those special places where the experience far surpasses anything that you might read.
- Nuremberg, Germany – An unexpected surprise, so much history, both new and old that it became one of our favorite memories of our time in Europe.
- Paris, France – Not our first visit there, but it is still one of our favorite cities that we have ever visited, even if it was rainy the weekend that we were there.
- Dublin, Ireland – A special trip for personal reasons as we flew our mother over to see us and it will hold a special place in our hearts.
- Amsterdam, Netherlands – One of our last adventures while we were in Europe and definitely an interesting city full of history and art.
- Florence, Italy – Part of our farewell tour, this is an incredible city that will fulfill any romantic visions of Europe that you could ever dream of.
- Rome, Italy – So much to see, the history, the arts, the Vatican City, and for us a very special meeting with a fellow blogger.
- Lucca/Pisa, Italy – A quick day trip from Florence, but it rounded out our trip to Italy perfectly.
So, as you can see, we had about twenty-five weeks in Europe, part of that time finding an apartment as well as working every week, but we definitely made the most of our time. It will be the trip of a lifetime, perhaps several lifetimes, and we are extremely thankful for every moment. Expect details of these wondrous adventures in the coming days and weeks as we plan our next crazy experience.