There are certain places that you travel to where the use of spices is quite abundant. Needless to say, with rare exceptions all food has some sort of spices in it, even if it is just salt and pepper. Some places, though, go way beyond a few common ingredients and use a wide variety of spices in them. We really enjoy eating foods that have a variety of spices and have a sense of being exotic. Clearly it isn’t for everyone and we also enjoy foods that are spicy in the sense of heat as well. Since we try to recreate dishes from places that we travel, here are a few of the spicy dishes that we have previously prepared, in no particular order.
- Asian Roasted Duck – Not as complicated as it sounds and truly delicious.
- Spicy Chicken Curry – Definitional a traditional favorite.
- Indian Butter Chicken – Cooking it in a slow-cooker makes it tender and flavorful.
- Tandoori Chicken – An exotic reminder of our trip to India.
- Spaghetti Arrabbiata – One of our favorite meals from, of all places, Frankfurt.
- Lamb Biryani – Well worth the effort and we decided to give it a little bit of heat.
- Moroccan Chicken – Cooked in a tajine, it is a one pot meal that is perfect for two.